Some remarks on course design
The following schedule illustrates a typical course design. It is based on
the experiences gained by Uppsala University in its collaboration with various
- The course starts with a two-day visit by the teachers from Uppsala University.
During these days they lecture on the first part of the course.
- One to two months after the first lecture period step 1. is repeated
but now for the second part of the course. A written examination is given
on Part 1 of the course.
- One to two months after the second lecture period step 1. is repeated
for the third part of the course. A written examination is given on Part 2
of the course.
- One to two months after the third lecture period a written examination
is given on Part 3 of the course. Students are also required to work
in groups (of 2-4 people) to solve a special home task which they should
report in writing to the Swedish teachers during the last part of the
- Students who have passed the carefully supervised written examinations
and submitted an acceptable home task receive a diploma (or a
certificate) showing that they have passed the requirements for this basic
course in management accounting.